Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player Updates And Noscript

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 enfant terrible

enfant terrible

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:43 AM

Hi, all. Here's my problem: I recently went to youtube to download some videos and it told me I needed to update Adobe flash player and gave me a link. So I clicked the link and updated but that seems to have disabled NoScript. So I went to "Tools" and opened "add ons" and it tells me that noscript is still there and enabled, which it obviously isn't. So I decided to try downloading NoScript again and it worked, but then youtube started telling me that I needed the flash player update again.

For some reason, it seems that flash player and NoScript are interfering with each other, and I don't know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:43 AM

You can manually add either or both URLs to the NoScript "white list." I think this might solve the problem.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 30 January 2008 - 08:45 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 enfant terrible

enfant terrible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:12 AM

You can manually add either or both URLs to the NoScript "white list."

I whitelisted youtube a long time ago, so I don't think that's the problem. And I can't whitelist anything now because NoScript simply isn't there.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

Try uninstall, reinstall...on each?

Files could be corrupted, especially so if this issue has not always existed.

Louis

#5 enfant terrible

enfant terrible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:06 PM

The plot thickens: I just rebooted and now NoScript is working again, but YouTube telling me I need the flash player update again.

WTF is going on here?Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users