Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Otmoveit.exe By Oldtimer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 camics

camics

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:30 AM

I used OTmoveit last week to clean-up after a malware removal, but today, when I return the utility is not listed. I get the famous 404 error. Has it been removed from your resource database?

Thanks,
camics

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hi camics. Yes, OTMoveIT has been retired. It is spending it's days on the beaches somewhere in the South Pacific.

A new Unicode-capbable version was released at the beginning of the year. It is now OTMoveIt2. The link is: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/oldtimer/OTMoveIt2.exe

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 dpsurfer

dpsurfer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:33 AM

Hi Oldtimer,

Do you have any guide how to use OTMoveIt? So far I only use it to remove infected files. I want to use the tool to its fullest (if possible) rather than using various tools.

Is there any differences between OTMoveIt2 and OTMoveIt3?

Thanks in advance,
dp

#4 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:37 AM

Hi dpsurfer. No, there are no manuals that are available to the public. The tools are not intended to be used except under the instructions of trained staff. There are just too many things that could go badly.

And yes, there are many differences between OTMI2 and OTMI3.

If assistance is needed with malware removal then the best thing to do is to post in the Malware forum and one of the staff will assist.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#5 dpsurfer

dpsurfer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hi OT,

What is the proper way to fix BHO using OTMI3:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{12F1BAD6-2D8C-4576-AF7A-C62C39942EAE}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{12F1BAD6-2D8C-4576-AF7A-C62C39942EAE}]

or

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{12F1BAD6-2D8C-4576-AF7A-C62C39942EAE}]

If I want to fix HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser, is the following statement correct?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"{F4D76F09-7896-458A-890F-E1F05C46069F}"=-
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{F4D76F09-7896-458A-890F-E1F05C46069F}]

How to fix services using OTMI3?

Thanks in advance,

Dp

#6 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

Hi dpsurfer. OTMoveIt3 is an application that should only be used under the direction of a trained helper. We do not discuss its operation or use outside of our training programs. If you would like to learn about this and other malware removal applications I would suggest applying to the training program here or at some of the other sites that offer malware removal training.

I will now close this topic.

Cheers.

OT
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users