Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realplayer And 80gb Apple Ipod

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yd907

yd907

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

Hi.

I am hoping and praying that someone out there can help me and/or give me advice. I had a 2GB Ipod Nano but upgraded because I had way too music and video that it could not store it all. Anyway... I have purchased well over 3000 songs from RealPlayer however am only able to transfer roughly 1000 of them. I have tried the "convert media format" (MP3 and AAC) route but was able to get about 20 more songs out of it. I have contacted RealPlayer customer/technology support and get apologies but no solutions, basically just a "run around". Can anyone out there help me? Is there any downloadable software that can remedy my problem? I read a blog recommending Total Recorder. Will this work? If so, which one do you/anyone recommend as there are several to choose from. Is it user friendly? I need simplicity. I appreciate all and any help that anyone can give me.

yd907

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

do your protected(DRM) real audio files have an option to burn to audio cd?

that will remove the protection and you can rerip as generic unprotected mp3's for transfer to the ipod

I personally boycott any protected music for this very reason, it's my belief that if you buy the music you should not be crippled from listening to it in any format on any device.

their belief is you should keep buying the song over and over, it makes sense, can't blame them
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

Eh, or you could download them through bitorrent... which I consider legal, since you actually own the song, and you're just trying to get it to a different format to transfer. Otherwise, if you don't consider that legal enough, try and find a re-writeable CD or DVD and just go through and burn all your stuff on there and then rip it right back as DaChew said.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users