Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Money Plus Deluxe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ncracer

ncracer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

I purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe two days ago, and have been unsuccessful in the installation. It states "Setup unable to install some of the components needed to run Microsoft Money. Try installing Money again."

I have tried to download it until the website now says I have exceeded the allowed number of times. I saved it on my harddrive, but I get the same error. I have tried sending an email to technical support to no avail.

Can you help?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

Clear you history, temp files and cookies and see if you can download it again. This time download to your Desktop. Make sure it isn't already listed in Add/Remove Programs, and remove it if it is. Also download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

*** note this is not to be used with Windows Office applications. I'm not familiar with MS Money. If this is an Office app. don't use this ***

Click on anything that refers to the application and run it. Then try installing it again. If you can do it in Safemode, that would be better still
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

I have tried to download it until the website now says I have exceeded the allowed number of times. I saved it on my harddrive, but I get the same error. I have tried sending an email to technical support to no avail.
Thanks!

A call to M$ might clear this all up
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 msg1990

msg1990

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:21 AM

Has anyone found a fix for this issue with MS Money Plus (any of the versions) installation? I have the same issue, setup unable to install all the components. Try again ... not much help. I've tried MS Money Plus Deluxe, the Home & Office Version and the free 60 trial version with the same unsatisfactory results.

A search last night resulted in a recommendation from MS to reregister Windows Installer, which involves editing the Windows Registry, which I'm not comfortable doing ... there must be a better way.

FYI, I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2, and have Windows Installer 3.1v2 installed.

Any ideas?

tks

#5 msg1990

msg1990

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:29 AM

Just in case anyone else is having a problem installing MS Money Plus (any of the versions) on an XP Pro (SP2) OS ... I spent a little over five hours on the phone last night with the MS Money and XP technicians - no joy, still cannot completely install the MS Money program. Absolutely annoying, to say the least. One of the Money technicians did allude to MS knowledge of the issue, but that they weren't aware of a fix, and both the XP and Money technicians were convinced that the problem was most certainly an OS issue (says the Money Tech), or most certainly a Money install issue (says the XP tech ...). Regardless, no fix was found, and nothing else is affected - only the ability (or lack thereof) to fully install MS Money Plus. I've gone through the KB and completed the reregistration of Windows Installer, then removal and reinstallation of Windows Installer to no avail. If anyone has found or stumbled on a fix to this, I'd certainly be interested (as would, MS, I suppose ...)

FYI my OS is XP Pro (Sp2), Windows Installer 3.1v2, FL (frustration level) is high.

Edited by msg1990, 11 March 2008 - 06:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users