Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting An Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

Excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong section. I am not sure where to post this. When I start my computer up I get a box that pops up titles jusched.exe. It says jusched.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. It wants me to send an error report. Can anyone tell me how to get this to stop or what this is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

jusched.exe is the Java Update scheduler, which is set to check for updates once a month.
There are differing opinions of disabling jusched-those who say don't do it-you may miss a java update. Others say it's ok to disable it, you can check for updates manually.
Whether to disable it or not is up to you.

There are a few things you can do.

Start/run, type in msconfig. Click OK.
When the system configuration box opens, startup tab. Scroll through
the listings, find jusched, if it's checked, uncheck it. It may prevent the box from
popping up. I've had it disabled on startup for years, and have never had a problem
with Java.

OR, you could uninstall then reinstall java, which may clear up the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users