Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music Won't Play On Itunes Or Windows Media

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beto251

beto251

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help with a computer problem-- whenever I try to play music on an app such as iTunes or Windows media player, it will not load. On iTunes the songs stay stuck at 0:00 and on Windows Media player it shows a red X. The sound on the computer works fine, for example I can watch Youtube videos, etc. with sound and can hear it normally.

Could it be a firewall issue? I have Vista and know that it can have strange security settings, but music used to work until a couple days ago. Thanks in advance for any guidance that you can give...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

Hello,

This could be down to a faulty codec, or it could be that the media files themselves have been mooved.

What does the error message say in windows media player?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 beto251

beto251
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

Hello,

This could be down to a faulty codec, or it could be that the media files themselves have been mooved.

What does the error message say in windows media player?

nigglesnush85- thanks for the reply

When I try to open a file with WMP, it says this:

"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file may be in use, you may not have access to the computer where the file is stores, or your proxy settings may not be correct."

The files themselves haven't been moved, as I am the player directly from the file. How could I check on the faulty codec?

If anybody has any other ideas please let me know...

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

Try opening media player and telling it to search for media by pressing the F3 key, make sure that it searches the folder where the music files are stored.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users