Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7probem Or Something Else?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maxie6149

maxie6149

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

Upon restarting, I am getting this prompt and I don't know if it is from IE7 or MS Windows. :eek:

"MS Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program C:\P.....

This application has requeste the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

The other similar message I got was this:

"Runtime Error R6034

"An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly"

Please could someone help? Pretty please? :heartlove

I have Windows Vista Premium Home Edition 32 bit and IE7. I have Eset Smart Security Suite (Nod32) for security. This is a home PC. I have Fios and a router if that info. is needed.

These sound daunting :huh: to say the least and I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the correct direction. I'm new here and do not know how to navigate around. Thanks :4-dontkno

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

Type eventvwr in the 'start search' box. It should tell you which application caused the error.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

Are you sure that your Windows is up to date? There has been at least one update for the C++ runtime issued for Vista.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 maxie6149

maxie6149
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:27 PM

John,

Thanks for this reply: "Are you sure that your Windows is up to date? There has been at least one update for the C++ runtime issued for Vista." The last word VISTA appears as a link to the mentioned updates, so I clicked on it (even though I am ALWAYS totally up to date on everything. I even use Secunia to make sure.) Well, after clicking on it, boy was I shocked, dismayed and flabbergasted. It certainly was not a line to any Windows Vista site. It was a link to some company called Vista Printing. What's up with that? Why would you - a MODERATOR - do that? Color me confused. In short, I did not find your: "the C++ runtime issued for Vista". Care to try again as I am still having these runtime problems.

Jacee,

I followed your EVENTVWR instructions and at least half a dozen items appeared. I had no ideas what they were or how to deal with them. I clicked on a couple and my word, total techie-speak. I am no techie, did not understand what appeared after I clicked on several and am still in the same rut. Need more clarification in simple English to deal with this can of worms. I thank you for the post. Sure wish I was smart enough to make some progress with it.

Still in trouble guys. Still need help but not in techie speak please. Also, check your links to members before you drop them here to us. We are trusting and vulnerable and don't expect tricky links to be given to us. Lord only knows what I picked up at that Vista Printing site. I shudder at the thought.

Have a great day everyone! :-)

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

maxie6149,

The word 'Vista', in John's reply to you, does not appear as a link to me :huh:

MS_MVP.gif

Admin PC Pitstop

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

I can assure you that there is no link in my post to you (having typed it myself, I know that I didn't insert a link). Also, it doesn't show as a link in either my Firefox or my Internet Explorer browser - nor did Jacee see it. Viewing the source code for the post doesn't reveal a link either.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 maxie6149

maxie6149
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

My apolgies about the Vista link. It looks fine today. But yesterday (Iswear on my late parents souls) it was in blue ink with 2 lines under it. See, that was how I was able to click on it and got directed to the Vista Printing site. Wouldn't make that up out of the clear blue sky for absolutely no reason at all. Again, it looks fine today. A good thing. Wonder how that happened? Kind of scary when you really think about it. :huh: Oh well, water under the bridge. :huh:

Anyway, I do apolgize for any misunderstanding on my part and so forth.

I am still in dire straights here with my computer problems. If only I could understand (in layman's terms) what and how to follow the advise already given. B)

I still am looking for help and clarification on help just recently given. :huh:

Thanks all! :huh:

#8 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

maxie6149, you haven't done anything wrong...we're trying to understand just what problem you're having.

When a 'word' gives you a link, then I suspect some sort of program or application on your machine is causing this type of advertisement.

Would you please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

MS_MVP.gif

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users