Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restarting Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 generazn

generazn

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:52 AM

I need help with my computer, it keeps restarting every and i dont know whats causing it. I already ruled out spyware and viruses. I think its hardware but i dont know which one. Can anyone help me? - Peter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:07 AM

Hello,

Can you describe at what point the system shuts down?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:54 AM

do you mean it keeps restarting (rebooting ) while you are running it or when you try to shut it down?

which programs have you so far run to apparently eliminate a virus etc infection ?

Are all your windows Updates up to date
how do you connect to the internet and who is your ISP??
which antivirus protection do you have as it too could be trying to grab an update

#4 generazn

generazn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:20 AM

It reboots at any point. During the start up or while the computer is running. However, before it restarts, the "Blue Screen" appears.

I have used norton anti virus 2006.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

Did you check EV for clues/errors occurring in the same timeframe as your reboots?

You may need do this: How To Disable Automatic Reboot Option - http://www.datapath.co.uk/how%20to%204.htm

Error messages in EV are important clues to solving system problems.

Louis

#6 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

how do you connect to the internet? who is your ISP? one needs to be sure you are not unawares actually running more than ONE antivirus program

what actual protection programs do you have on board and when did you last fully update them and run them,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users