Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With Streaming Video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lazlopitt

lazlopitt

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

I'm not sure if this is where I should post, but anyway. I've been having trouble with streaming video. Sometimes it works fine but most times it is choppy or in slow motion. I have a cable modem with decent speeds. Is this a video card problem or a CPU problem or perhaps a memory problem?? I have an Athlon Duron 1.1 GHz CPU. I have 1 gig memory. I have an Nvidia Geforce FX 5200. Maybe there some settings on the video card software I need to tweak. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:49 AM

Do you have the latest version of Flash?

#3 lazlopitt

lazlopitt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

Yes I do have the latest flash player, I checked. Thanks

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

It could be browser compatibility. What browser are you using and what sites are you trying to view streaming video?

#5 lazlopitt

lazlopitt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:47 PM

I'm using IE7. There are any number of sites I'm having trouble with. Everything from youtube, TV sites, movie clips, CNN, music videos. You name it. Some work better than others but none work as well as I think they should. If it's streaming it stalls or goes in slo-mo. I keep hoping that it' just a setting but I worry that maybe my vid card is not very good. Some site have the option of going with a dial-up speed. The video streams well then but the picture looks like bleep. Anyone else have a similar problem???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users