Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound On My Laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kelong

kelong

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

I have bought a secondhand laptop pentium M with XP OS home edition installed and everything is working fine but I itching backside go and reformat and installed the XP OS professional SP2, the system work fine except there is no sound coming out when login or logout but have the error beep sound when press the wrong key.
Initially, I thought is the sound driver problem so I installed the updated sound driver but cannot solve. Can any expert here know what is the problem and advise me what action to take.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

What is the make and model of the laptop? Normally, the latest audio driver can be found under the support area of the maker of the laptop's website. Is this where you downloaded the driver from?
JC

#3 kelong

kelong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

The Model is Mitac 8080, I have checked the drivers and is show working properly. I have download a diagnostics software to check on the system and notice that there are 2 audio icons on display. 1 is a window audio icon which has no info on it and the other is PCI/PnP audio icon have the info on it.
What I suspect is by default, it has link onto the window audio icon which is doesn't work but I don't know how to link the audio icon to the other audio icon. Pls help and thanks in advance.

The Model is Mitac 8080, I have checked the drivers and is show working properly. I have download a diagnostics software to check on the system and notice that there are 2 audio icons on display. 1 is a window audio icon which has no info on it and the other is PCI/PnP audio icon have the info on it.
What I suspect is by default, it has link onto the window audio icon which is doesn't work but I don't know how to link the audio icon to the other audio icon. Pls help and thanks in advance.

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

Did you get a CD with all the drivers for this laptop? Is the laptop an Advent? I am not familiar with this laptop, but there are a couple a forums that provide support for this laptop. Here's one - http://www.w00tw00t.co.uk/support/index.php

You could go into Device Manager, and remove the sound entries. Upon the next bootup it should redetect them and install the appropriate driver. If that doesn't fix your issue, come back and we will dig a little deeper.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users