Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Happened To My Autoplay?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

Yes as the title says my autoplay is not automatic, how useful. Whenever I put a disk in the drive I have to open My Computer and right click on the drive to start the autoplay. Another weird thing I just noticed, If I open the CD all the Icons are there but are covered up by the default windows "unknown file" icon. I can see the edge of the real icons sticking out. All the registry settings for autoplay are good to go but it wont. I'm more worried about the icon thing now.
Anyone got any ideas?
Or maybe I ts the leftovers of a virus because I'm not infected.

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

By any chance, do you have Tweak UI installed? With this program you can disable or enable the autoplay for the drives of your choice. It is a good idea actually to disable autoplay to protect yourself from infections. Please see quietman7's post here

Please let us know whether you have Tweak UI installed.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Tomo2

Tomo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

Yes I have TweakUI installed but I checked the settings and they are fine so I looked them up in regedit just to double check.

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users