Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red Blinking Ring On The Outside Edge Of The Monitor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chainsawswife88

chainsawswife88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop P105-S6187 Windows Vista Home Premium.
My brother has the exact same one, and when he goes to log into any site using a password, He gets this 1/4 inch strip ( red, blinking) around the outside edge of the screen.
Now, Here is the story.... While His ex wife and her TEEN age kids were living with him, They had some program put on the Laptop, and his home computer, that records every keystroke. (Trying to monitor the kids.) Well things got bad and She and the kids have moved back east.
He had caught her snooping through emails, bank accounts.... Well you get the idea.
I have looked every where I can think of to figure out what might be causing this flashing red ring, to no success. I have never noticed it happening on my Lap top.
He is afraid that Someone??? Has gotten into his computer and is monitoring his stuff.
Could this be some kind of system warning?
Warning not to use his passwords? :huh:
Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by boopme, 28 January 2008 - 10:08 PM.
Clean tags

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users