Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aliboy66

aliboy66

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Hi my computer working slow done Avg scan showed nothing.did a system restore it changed some files names .Now i can't remove some programs and i can't play some games that i use to. I tried to remove AD Ad were SE personal so i can download the latest version get error message Install.log file not found.and when i put my disk to play a game i get error message failed to find default database.my AVG error message you need to update but i update and get message you got the latest updates not sure what to do.Os widows xp home edition Sp2 I've got COM ODO firewall A squared AVG free. I did change system restore back but computer still slow :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:28 AM

Hello,

When you changed the system restore back, can you remove the products and play the games? I would use these tools,
advanced windows care to optimize the system,
ccleaner to clear out junk files,
Auslogics defrag to defrag the hard drive.
http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag
http://www.download.com/Advanced-WindowsCa...4-10407614.html
http://www.ccleaner.com/

These tools should help.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:07 AM

Hi done all what you said still cannot uninstall ad Aware and when i try to play football manager get error mesage the launch anywhere properties file is missing.I have restore back but still got same problems it renames some files why?. Iv'e got aol,but i like using firefox could this be the problem what next :thumbsup:

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

Ok, To get rid of adaware, you will need to find out what version you are using at the moment, look in the help or the about menus. next http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=adaware find the matching one and re instal the program, once this is done, the files that have been lost/damaged and so on should be repaired so you can remove the program from the add/remove programs list.

When a game runs into trouble, it can ruin the entire instal, you need to re instal the game or select a repair option in the games setup file.

What is telling you that your database is out of date? If it is windows security centre, you can probably ignore these errors as the AVG update servers will have more idea when your databases are out of date than windows security centre.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

Hi got rid of the Ad Aware thank you when I put the disk in for the game I just get a black screen nothing else same error message.Now that i down loaded all the cleaners do I need to get Ad Aware 2007.One thing I've notice when I'm scanning or down loading the computer makes a noise it sounds like the fan going fast? :thumbsup:

Edited by aliboy66, 30 January 2008 - 02:35 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

For the noise: Remove the cover panel of the system...and see if you can pinpoint the approximate origin of the noise.

It could be vibration from a loosened screw...it could be a fan, etc. You need to try to pinpoint the origin and someone will try to advise.

Louis

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

Ok, after you have seen the error message, you need to get to my computer and to the CD drive that has the game CD in it. Right click the drive and click open or explore from the list. once inside the CD you need to find the file setup.exe (or similar) When you click on the file it should hopefully give you options to remove, instal, or repair We can try repair first, hopefully it will repair the program. (backup your save game files first)

The use of Adaware is your choice, you should use a robust security system on any computer.
firewall/AV/AS/ondemand scanners, and so on. The links I provided will give you three full products for general well being of the system.

Advanced windows care, make the system stable
Ccleaner, remove junk files
Auslogics, defragment hard drive.
Regards,

Alan.

#8 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:00 AM

Hi just to let you know everything is ok the games working again the computer seems faster many thanks :thumbsup: until next time

#9 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

Thats good to hear, glad to help.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users