Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Virus - Swizzor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pete07

Pete07

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hi, A virus called Swizzor is in my Kodak photo program & I can't figure out how to remove the virus without deleting the program. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:17 PM

Info on Swizzor in link below.
http://www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-143019-en...Swizzor.DH.html

You can use the online scan from Bit Defender in your IE browser.
Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

You should also do another scan with SAS.
Download and Install Super Antispyware free. Reboot into Safe mode and Run SAS. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Pete07

Pete07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:58 PM

Thank you!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

What program is alerting you to this threat? Did it provide a specific file name associated with it and if so, where exactly is it located (full file path) at on your system? You could be dealing with a "False Positive" if its being detected in your Kodak program.

Get a second opinion.

Go to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the file(s) and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Post back with the results of the file analysis.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Pete07

Pete07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

What program is alerting you to this threat? Did it provide a specific file name associated with it and if so, where exactly is it located (full file path) at on your system? You could be dealing with a "False Positive" if its being detected in your Kodak program.

Get a second opinion.

Go to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the file(s) and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Post back with the results of the file analysis.

Oh darn... I totally missed your post. I did the things mentioned in the initial post, but still had the problem file & then someone told me to just delete the file, so I deleted my Kodak program, so I don't have the file any longer. I wish I'd seen this first darn it.

I am now re-installing the newest version of Kodak, so here's hoping the problem really was fixed. This computer of mine is driving me INSANE.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:06 AM

If the file is flagged again, you should also let the Kodak program vendor know so they can investigate.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users