Thanks for the heads-up on this. My flash player (9,0,47,0) was certainly among those vulnerable. There's quite a lot to read (and decisions to make about choices) in the links provided, and since doubts are raised there about the best method of uninstalling the old version and then installing the new, it might help someone else out there if I say what I did:
1. Checked out my version of flash at the website: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
2. Downloaded (and saved to desktop) the adobe flash player uninstaller from here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...7&sliceId=2
3. Created a system restore point.
4. Turned off unnecessary active processes from the system tray.
5. Ran the uninstaller.
6. Revisited the adobe test webpage ( http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
) to check that the uninstall had worked (it should tell you that you don't have flash installed, now). However I did not yet say yes to the activeX download that was offered.
7. Restarted the computer.
8. Created another system restore point. Closed down active processes from the system tray.
9. Revisited the adobe web page ( http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
) and this time accepted the offered activeX download and installation.
10. Checked that the website now told me that Flash was up to date (9,0,115,0).
11. Restarted the computer.
Doing this, I experienced no problems at all, though at some future stage I'll check things out with Seconia, as advised.
Edited by Alan D, 03 February 2008 - 11:01 AM.
Windows XP Home SP2; AVG 7.5 Internet Security Suite (AV/AS r.t.p, and firewall); Windows Defender (r.t.p on); SuperAntispyware Free; a-squared Free 220.127.116.11; Spybot 1.4 (Immunised, but no Tea-timer); AdAware SE Free; AVG Anti-Rootkit Free; Spywareblaster; MVPS Hosts file (with HostsMan); McAfee Site Advisor.