Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati Radeon X1200

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aesir09

Aesir09

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:12 PM

hi, i have a toshiba a210 with a ati chipset(i belive) and a ati radeon x1200.

i bought COD4 yesterday and it runs horribly, other games run quite well(wow, counter strike source, guild wars)

can i change my graphics card? and if so can i have a recommendation for a very high performance notebook gaming card?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CYANiDE

CYANiDE

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

hi, i have a toshiba a210 with a ati chipset(i belive) and a ati radeon x1200.

i bought COD4 yesterday and it runs horribly, other games run quite well(wow, counter strike source, guild wars)

can i change my graphics card? and if so can i have a recommendation for a very high performance notebook gaming card?

You're still far from me. My computer has a horrible Radeon X300 card, that runs every game but counter-strike badly. It sucks. I'm pretty sure it cane be updated. Also, the amount of RAM may affect the gameplay.

Posted Image

#3 Aesir09

Aesir09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

well im getting 4gb soon here :thumbsup:

and i talked to friends(made this post in school today ha)

and um yeah i think i can, can someone still please help on how to?

and what card

#4 RLI

RLI

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

laptops mostly can not be upgraded video card wise, and that's why when you buy a game, you have to check to see if it'll work on mobile versions of the chipsets listed, most games are not designed or recommended for a laptop.
from what I see, WYSIWYG. no upgradability for video. you have the A210-162, and the only other A210 is the A210-11P, totally different mobo, and has a different video chipset, sorry.

you'll need a normal pc to enjoy the games properly.

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:29 PM

if yours is only got 2x 512 megs of ram, that's barely enough to run vista poorly leaving little for the dynamically shared video ram, putting 2 1 gig sticks in(pulling your 512's) should bump the shared memory up from 128 to

ATI Radeon™ X1200 128-319MB dynamically allocated

that will make a huge difference running in lamer settings with newer games and should really help vista

don't expect a lot from cod4
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users