Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacked?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mclmommy

mclmommy

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:58 PM

We've been having various problems with the computer -- not shutting down when asked, running very slowly, not accessing sites, etc.

My thought is that my daughter, who plays Quake on line and talks to lots of people, somehow made our IP address available and someone is now using our computer.

In the start-up files, there is a program automatically starting called zIPToolz.exe that we cannot delete. When we try, it replicates itself and starts again.
Any ideas??

I'm not computer literate, so be very basic, please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SaxonManFinland

SaxonManFinland

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:27 AM

I believe you have arrived at the right site to get help, but you need to let these people understand a bit more about what system you are using etc etc etc.

I suggest you state what anti spyware, anti virus and platform you are operating (i.e XP or Windows 98 etc)

I was hacked without knowing it and they identified it easily and I just dumbly followed their advice and instructions........ Be Patient.

:thumbsup:

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:39 PM

Hi mclmommy,

We need to see a HijackThis log to see what we need to do to help you. It's very easy, just click the following link to see our tutorial on how to do that and follow the instructions to a T (except you can skip step 1, and instead of starting a new topic, come back to this topic and use the Add Reply button to post your log :thumbsup: ).

How to post a HijackThis Log

When you get that done also read all of this, please:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/956/how-to-submit-a-hijackthis-log/

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users