Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double Entry In Windows Task Manager

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 caveanimal

caveanimal

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:52 AM

Hi all. could someone please help me.
I just had to install a new hard drive and reinstall everything. I looked into my task manager and there is 2 entries for the same subject . I had a little problem installing drivers for my graphics card and had to reinstall a couple of times. I checked the path where the file is loading from ( system32 ) and there is only one entry. not really sure what is going on. just wondering if I am having conflicts with the drivers for the graphics card and the programs with my monitor .

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:16 PM

Hi caveanimal, welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

What's the name of the duplicate process?

#3 caveanimal

caveanimal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

thanks for the quick reply the file is ati2evxx.exe for graphics card or related to it

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

A discussion about your issue is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89438/question-about-ati2evxxexe-process/

Seems that fast user switching is turned on by default and causes two instances of that .exe to run. Check to see if you have that going on. Hope this helps.

btw, nice member name. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

btw, nice member name. :thumbsup:

Indeed. Any relation?

#6 caveanimal

caveanimal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

Thats kind of strange my brother goes by animal. :thumbsup: he hails from CANADA
mine use to be caveman but too many people started using it so changed it to what it is now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users