Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Team Fortress 2 Server Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Moguri

Moguri

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:29 AM

Ok, I'll try to explain this as best as I can. XD

Sometimes I get the error Server is not responding through the game or console, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I can click once, sometimes twenty times and it works, sometimes not at all and I have to reset the router/connection and sometimes it works for a game, but if I disconnect from that server I have problems again.

I tested it directly through the modem and it worked fine (or at least I thought so), and I think it's just the router that's causing the problem. (I had the firewall off during that time just to check)

The thing is, that I have my router firewall off and in the DMZ mode and it still causes problems. I even set the recommended ports open on my router so that steam programs (TCP 27020-27050, 27015 UDP 27000-27020) won't have any trouble, but that didn't make any changes. (but the thing is that it would only need that for hosting games, right?)

I have no problems at all running the game either when I can actually connect.

I haven't had any problems with my internet provider when playing games either... Anyone have a clue what to do?

Edited by Moguri, 28 January 2008 - 01:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Moguri

Moguri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

I apologize for double posting, but I've yet discovered how to fix my problem. I know it's not the servers that I try connecting to, nearly everyone else does not have any trouble playing.

For one day it worked beautifully, but it came back and it still is bugging me.

Edited by Moguri, 01 February 2008 - 08:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users