Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A first look at OpenOffice.org 2.0

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:28 PM

It is not too bold to say that OpenOffice.org 2.0 will usher in a new era of functionality, reliability, compatibility and ease of use. The extensive changes and enhancements which are to be included in the upcoming release are all the evidence needed to justify this assertionby: Craig A. Adams March 4 2005 For those who are impatient and unwilling to wait for the final release, today sees the public availability of the first beta version of OpenOffice.org 2.0. This beta is not for the faint of heart, and should not be considered as reliable or be used in a production environment. OpenOffice.org is made available for free download from a multitude of locations, worldwide, and is offered under the LGPL and SISSL Free Software and Open Source Licences. But the scale of the enhancements and improvements made to OpenOffice.org in preparation for this release means that many users will not only consider using the suite for its affordability but also for its functionality.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:44 AM

Truly exciting news.
The long awaited database module, and fully portable
making use of Java to allow it's use in all other OS applications.

I'm definately going to enjoy studying this tremendous free program. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:07 AM

:thumbsup: phawgg I was thought of you as soon as I came across this. I knew that you would be excited to hear about it. So glad to have made your day.

Enjoy :flowers:

Edited by scarlett, 07 March 2005 - 01:33 PM.

Posted Image

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:49 AM

I know I am anxiously awaiting the final release, if for no other reason than it will have DB functionality. The new user interfaces look much better and easier, too.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 illukka

illukka

retar.. erm retired!

• Security Colleague
  • 2,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:06 PM

yeah great news

or not so great coz i know i'll have to wait a couple of months to get the finnish version of it :thumbsup:
To Ride, Shoot Straight And Speak The Truth

a retired malware fighter/teacher/advisor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users