Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Raid Access Failure. Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 indarkflames

indarkflames

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

Hello, I have posted about this problem before on this forum, but unfortunately I was never able to solve it, but just patch it up for a month or two at a time, and now it has gotten even worse...Since the first day I got my computer (Alienware Area-51 7500), I had issues with it, and in the past year, the problem has only been evolving its way around all my efforts. My computer randomly freezes and I am forced to do a cold boot. This will happen around once a month. When I do the cold boot, windows Xp will not boot (stays at the windows is loading screen) or it will freeze seconds after I log in. Despite changing my motherboard and ram (advised by Alienware) the problem still occurs.
Now even when the computer runs, there are times when on the bottom right of the screen pops up "Raid Access Failure. Access Failure: Critical error on disk. Samsung SP2504C (Port. SATA 1.0)." Sometimes it doesnt do anything, sometimes it freezes the computer. I ran a chkdsk /r and the computer ran for 5 mins, constantly spammed by the raid error pop ups and froze.
I am starting to feel that the problem is one of my harddrives, but a few months ago I broke the array and ran checks on each drive, and they had no problems...I am running out of ideas, please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:14 AM

Well, the highest probability here is to take your computer at it's word. There is an issue with one of the hard drives, or at least the computer THINKS there is an issue with one of the hard drives. You should run tests on each of them to test. If they pass the tests, then replace the cables. I have been driven nuts before with a computer that had a similar issue, I kept looking at the hard drives, ram, etc, and all the while the issue was with a bad SATA cable. So replace the cables. Also be sure the RAM is ok. And finally, it could be a motherboard issue.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users