Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Uninstalling Trend Micro Pc

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 darcivic00si

darcivic00si

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

I recently purchased a new laptop with Vista from Dell. It had a trial of Trend Micro PC installed on it. I want to remove it and install Panda Internet Security which I already have installed on my desktop. When I try to install Panda it gets all the way to uninstalling Trend and then tells me 2 errors.

Error #1 "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'tmpcc.msi' in the box below.
Use source C:\dell\PR063\setup\

Error #2 Windows installer: The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

I hope I don't have to contact Dell to get this resolved. I am sure that will be difficult.

Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:27 AM

With your dell PC I assume they gave you a disk for Trend?
If they did. Put that in. Run it from the disc and it may uninstall.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#3 Guest_Pivopija_*

Guest_Pivopija_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:59 AM

Yes, if you have dell disc with Trend Micro trial my sugestion is to install Trend Micro again, then restart your computer and go to Safe Mode and in Add or remove programs uninstall Trend Micro trial.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,584 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:03 AM

How to uninstall Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007
How to uninstalling Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 using the PCCTool.exe
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 darcivic00si

darcivic00si
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

Okay, thanks for your help. I did not get a disk, but I tried your other suggestions and none of them worked. Anything else I can do?

Or does anyone know of a website that I can try to download a trial of this specific version to reinstall it so I can uninstall it: Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14 (Version 14.6)

Edited by darcivic00si, 28 January 2008 - 09:02 PM.

#6 frustrated user

frustrated user

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

I am in the same boat - I already bought the new version of PC-cillin Internet Security 2008 and I have no access to "tmpcc.msi" to uninstall (bleeping) PC-cillin Internet Security 14 version that was pre-installed on my new Dell. Dell support clearly says it won't address software (unless you pay them), and I haven't found anywhere on the Trend Micro site that will help either. &^%$*! Any more ideas?

#7 frustrated user

frustrated user

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

no sooner than I posted I found the solution (finally!! after hours!!) THAT WORKED!! From the Trend Micro site:

Uninstall PC-cillin Internet Security 14 using the PCCTool.exe file

1. Close the PC-cillin Internet Security main console if it is open.
2. Double-click My Computer on your Desktop.
3. Double-click Local Disk.
4. Go to the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14 folder
5. Double-click the PCCTool.exe file
6. Click the [E] Uninstall tab.
7. Under Install and Uninstall, click 4. Uninstall.
8. When the confirmation message appears, click Uninstall then wait for the uninstallation to finish.
9. A message appears when the uninstallation is complete. Click Yes to restart your computer.

So, HOURS LATER and NO THANKS TO DELL - I have my new internet security software installed. Huzzah! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users