Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop Infected With Unknow Maleware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Peter_123

Peter_123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hi guys,

I have noticed some weired behavior on my hp laptop lately :thumbsup: :

1- i am not able to start my antivirus (avg) "a very weak antivirus by the way" , i got invalid win32 application message.

2- my wireless connection does not want to start and windows could not configure it , and after some search i was able to restore it after changing the start value of the registery key Ndisuio to 1 , but it keeps changing every time i restart my laptop

3- tried to install several antivirus but either it got stuck in the middle or it fails to start and i get the same message (invalid win32 application)

4- tried to run hijack this and i got the same message

5- i also tried to log into windows xp safe mode and by the way i have dual boot , when i boot in safe mode i got a message to abort loading D346bus.sys by pressing ESC , the boot restart either i press ESC or not , so i am not able to boot in safe mode.

i am now unable to detect this trojan or virus to be able to remove it .

Can someone help me , i will be very gratefully .

Many thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

Welcome to BC
d346bus.sys is the Daemon Tools driver. Although version 346 is very stable, it can cause trouble sometimes.
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:18 PM

Not a valid Win32 application
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:21 AM

how many anitvirus programs do you have on board? does your Wireless connection have an inbuilt anitvirus protection?

AVG 7.5 (presumably the version you are running(?) ) is normally a good protector so one may ask what are you trying to do with the machine that AVG does not like? and from where did you get your AVG exe?

One assumes you are aware that you should have only ONE installed anitvirus program ; to have more than one is asking for trouble and will allow the computer and any infections to act as if you had NO protection there

can you please list what protection programs you DO have on board?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users