Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitdefender Finds Packer.fsg.a But Cannot Remove It

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 spacegirl

spacegirl

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:17 AM

hi,

I did a deep scan with bitdefender. it found the 5 viruses but could only list 3 and was not able to remove them. i cannot access the internet from that notebook any longer. the viruses are : Packer.FSG.A, Trojan.FatObFus.2.Generator and Divocodec.

I am at my wits end..... contacted Bitdefender sent them my log and they gonna get back to me in maybe 24 hours.

I apreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Pivopija_*

Guest_Pivopija_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:08 AM

Try with Trojan Remover ?

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:29 PM

I hope this helps; have you actually posted an HJT log on any other forum?

if not you could follow the instructions here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

and when you get to the bottom of that lot post a log on the section as indicated

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:35 PM

You should NOT follow the disinfection directions for another person, especially in the HJT forum. These fixes were created specifically for that user with their computer specifics and software in mind. You could do serious damage to your system by following instructions created for someone else.
-----------------
Welcome to BC spacegirl :flowers:

When you said you sent the "log" to Bitdefender, were you referring to the Bitdefender log? If so, can you post that log here in your next reply? It will give us more information to go on.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:31 PM

Your hijackthis log is posted here.

Please refrain from asking for help from other members or staff until the HJT Team has checked your posted log. The HJT Team work very hard to investigate a unique solution to your problem and you will receive individual expert assistance.

This takes time and effort so we ask you to please be patient while waiting for assistance and NOT to make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

The HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean. If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the HJT Team Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users