Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear Wgr614 V6 Port Forwarding

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

Ok i found out you need to port forward ports 88 and 3074 for xbox live.

I can port forward 88 just fine but if i try to do the same thing with 3074 it says "conflict with other service".

I don't have anything else port forwarded.

I notice when i look at my upnp listings that 3074 is on there when i have my 360 turned on.

Turning off Upnp doesn't allow me to port forward 3074 either.

I have the newest firmware update.

Sometimes 3074 is not on my upnp table.. and when it isn't my Nat will say moderate when i do a xbox live connection test. Otherwise it will say open.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

It means that you have a service on your computer that is trying to use the same port. Can you change the port that you need to use for the xbox? Or else you have to figure out which service is listening on your computer to post 3074.

Port forwarding is done at the router level. When you port forward, you tell the router, for instance, to forward all post 88 requests to your xbox. When you try to forward port 3074 to your xbox, it is letting you know that there is another device on the network using that port also.

#3 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

Any ideas what that device is? or any ideas how i can find that out?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:35 PM

Open up Task Manager, go to the Processes tab.
Click on View, then on Select Columns. The put a check in the PID box and click OK to exit (you'll need the PID for the next step)

Then run "netstat -ano" (without the quotes) at a command prompt. That'll give you a list of all open ports - locate 3074 and find the PID that is associated with it. Locate the PID in Task Manager and find the process name associated with it. Post that name here if you've got questions about it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

No application is using 3074.

#6 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

I am not sure if this is what you already did, but here's the instructions to set-up your router with the Xbox.

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...ox_Live_360.htm
JC

#7 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

^^ Yeah thats what im trying to do. But it wont except 3074, i get a message when trying that says "conflict with other service".

#8 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

I found a few posts in other forums with the same model, but no real fix besides ensuring you have the latest firmware. You mention that you already have this. This is what Netgear says about you model(and others) with the Xbox... http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n100981.asp
JC

#9 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

Just to clarify... your computer and XBox are plugged into separate ports on your router, right? You are not trying to run your XBox through your computer, are you? Does your XBox work if your computer is turned off?

#10 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:31 PM

Im using a wireless network adapter, the xbox 360 one.

I have dsl. Modem hooked directly to the router.

Edit: Ok i restored the router back to its factory defaults, and now i can port forward 3074. Sorry to have wasted your time everyone :thumbsup:

Edited by cliver, 27 January 2008 - 09:02 PM.

#11 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for letting us know.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users