Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Of My Favorite Sites

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

Ok, Vista is not as bad as it seems. It just needs some Tweaking in order to get what you want it to do.

First, here's some great sites that turn vista into something better.

These Are very generic mind you, and you'll have to search most of these sites for the tools you want.

www.winsupersite.com Paul Thurott's excellent Site

www.stardock.com A Dock similar to the one in OS X

www.wincustomize.com A neat site for customizing Windows XP and Vista

www.3dwonder.com there are some better version of this 3d desktop available.

www.softpedia.com Thousands of free Programs for all versions of windows and other OS's

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9536.aspx A book for Vista you can't live without.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx A number of Free Utilities from sysinternals which was bought by MS

If the moderators deem this a Tips and Trick's or other Category, it doesn't bother me, I just thought this would
be appropriate for all those struggling to get the kind of Power out a Vista that they are looking for.

Also, Many programs for Windows 98 SE, 2000, NT, ME, and XP will run in Vista in compatability mode.
For more information, search Altavista, Cnet, Google, or Microsoft.com with the words Compatability Mode.

I've had numerous successes with this ability but some tweaking was necessary. Many of the programs I got to run
microsoft or the product vendor stated that they wouldn't work at all. After turning off Aero in some cases and
running the applications in compatability mode, most of my programs run just fine.

The only programs I've had trouble with from old OS's are Antivirus and some Multimedia programs.

Edited by RandomUser, 27 January 2008 - 12:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users