Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worm? Virus? Multiple Viruses? Help Please!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Texts Lyrics

Texts Lyrics

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

So old people can't figure out how to stop infecting themselves. My boyfriend's mother is one of these people. She has some crazy viruses that keep coming back. Running Spybot S&D has unearthed something called 'Clickspring.OuterInfo" that keeps coming back no matter how many times I clean it off, so I don't know if that's part of this whole thing. Also, I blacklisted "BM23F54055" to be added to System Startups, and it's still trying, no matter how many times I restart. I don't know how to make that stop! Please help! This is my last-ditch effort. Thanks so much!!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:22:06 PM, on 1/26/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Management\CeEPwrSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\imapi.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPad\TPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Management\CePMTray.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\NASDAK\OmniMouse Driver\4.06\MOUSE32A.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\CROSOF~1\winspool.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\LVComsX.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\FxSvr2.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\?ssembly\m?dtc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 3 for HiJackThis-1.zip\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshiba.com
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPNF] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPad\TPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEPOWER] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Management\CePMTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEKEY] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LWBMOUSE] C:\Program Files\NASDAK\OmniMouse Driver\4.06\MOUSE32A.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [20c673c9] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\jfpsqvvx.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM23f54055] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\wygndnkg.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LogitechSoftwareUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe" boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Osus] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\CROSOF~1\winspool.exe" -vt yazb
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {07851C6A-1C43-41d9-8319-BC89154A8C00} - C:\Program Files\RcvSystem\httpdchk.dll
O23 - Service: CeEPwrSvc - COMPAL ELECTRONIC INC. - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Management\CeEPwrSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 4754 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

Hi Texts Lyrics and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I will be handling your log and helping you to get cleaned up.

Please take note of the following:

1. Please do not make any system changes yet. as any changes you make may well alter your log.
2. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.
3. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
4. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

But before we can start, i have to point out that the copy of HJT that you are using is stored in an incorrect folder.
This must be corrected before we can continue.
The easiest way of doing this is to delete the copy of HJT that you are using and download the correct self installing version.
Please view this link:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Then scroll down to section 9 and follow the instructions.

When finished, please post back a new Hjt log for me.
Thanks.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users