Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Aim Keeps Crashing (aol Instant Messanger)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Soto

Soto

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

i just put in a new motherboard and for some reason every time i leave my computer and i come back it crashes, it does not show me like a end task thing it just disappears, i move my mouse to the bar on the bottom then the icon disappears i have re installed it and everything. This was not happening when i had my other motherboard in, and i cant seem to find what the problem is.

im using windows xp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

Hello,

This could be a few problems, does the system shut down or does the taskbar disapear?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

nope i also have other programs running that are fine and another messaging program called xfire which stays up.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

At the time of these events, Are there any errors or warnings in the event viewer?
Regards,

Alan.

#5 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

nope i just come back and its gone usally happeneds when my computer goes on idle.

let me make an edit the aim just closed infront of my eyes, my aim list just went away... o and im using version 5.9 never had a problem with it before.

Edited by Soto, 26 January 2008 - 10:27 PM.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:38 AM

It sounds like it is being terminated by another program, do you have other programs running at the same time?
Regards,

Alan.

#7 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

i found out what the problem was, it was a program that i installed with my motherboard it was some sort of nvidia widget thing i uninstalled and now its fine.

#8 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

Glad it works ok.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users