Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need To Kill Some Processes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Vali

Vali

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

In my WinVista ultimate system automatically runing 2 iexplore.exe's
this problem i find while i was trying to install Adobe cs3, adobe can't install while the IE is in process. I try to kill but it doesn't work. I have a antivirus avast 4 and for spyware i use spybot, spyware doctor and ad-aware.

here is the adobe cs3
Posted Image

here is Task Manager
Posted Image

How can i kill IE or what am i supposed to do???

please help!!!

Funny code:
Shake your browser!!!
java script:function Shw(n){ if (self.moveBy) { for (i = 20; i > 0; i--) { for (j = n; j > 0; j--)
{ self.moveBy(1,i);self.moveBy(i,0);self.moveBy(0,-i);self.moveBy(-i,0); } } }} Shw(6)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

Right clcik on them, and select 'End Process" from the task manager, under the processes tab.

#3 Vali

Vali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:15 AM

Thnx for replying Hail.

Is not quite simple. I had trying but it does't work, with CMD mode too but nothing. and i can't install Adobe cs3 thats make me angry :huh:

Have u any ide??

Funny code:
Shake your browser!!!
java script:function Shw(n){ if (self.moveBy) { for (i = 20; i > 0; i--) { for (j = n; j > 0; j--)
{ self.moveBy(1,i);self.moveBy(i,0);self.moveBy(0,-i);self.moveBy(-i,0); } } }} Shw(6)

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:07 AM

There's an interesting thread on this problem here: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc3f782

Post #18 shows how to locate and read the error log. Try that and let us know what you find.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Vali

Vali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

Thnx usasma for replying.

In that thread Alex Damots explain how to find a error 'why adobe can not install' but, my problem is a little bit different couse of processes.
I looked at the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers for a error.

here is my log
-------------
ERROR
Installation cannot continue until the following applications are closed:
- iexplore.exe
Please close the application(s) listed above and click "Try Again" to continue the installation.

------------

the only solution i thing is, if i can kill the iexplore.exe from process. maybe is a spyware or somthing else.

so, have u any ide for 'next trying step'.

thank you.

Funny code:
Shake your browser!!!

#6 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:28 PM

You have far too many applications running in the background.

First, look at this link and apply the suggestions by Black Viper to "Services" .... type services.msc in [start search]
http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

Next,

Do you really need google update, groove monitor, mspaint, snagit and tech help all running?
These can be stopped from running at start up. All you need to do is click on the app (manual start) when it's needed....

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#7 Vali

Vali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

Thank you Jacee for help

now i'm looking at blackviper, i need to be careful :huh: . When i find something i will show u.

thnx for link....... :huh:

Funny code:
Shake your browser!!!

#8 Armorthane

Armorthane

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:05 AM

I use Sysinternals Process Explorer instead of task manager for it gives you greater control and more details.

The latest version can be found here.

Edited by Armorthane, 31 January 2008 - 02:09 AM.

#9 Vali

Vali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:59 AM

Thnx Armorthane.

so have a look here Bleeping and see the solution.

Thank you guys.

Funny code:
Shake your browser!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users