Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Anyone Use Ad Aware 2007 Free ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TerryFox

TerryFox

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

Hi ... I try doing a search for ad aware on your site for info about it but got nothing in return . Any ways I'm curious if anyone use's this version ? Thanks

Edited by TerryFox, 26 January 2008 - 06:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hello,

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/single/trialpay.php this will take you to a download page, I stopped using it recently, I decided it didn't fit my needs anymore, also I heard they are stopping support for the product.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

Ever since Ad Aware 2007 was released last summer, there have been nothing but complaints and the experts here and elsewhere do not recommend it anymore. People still want to use it because they are comfortable with it and it was a good product several years ago. It's not a good product anymore. You're better off with Super Anti Spyware.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

#4 TerryFox

TerryFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

Hi , Thanks for that bit of info . I guess I will give SAS a try , Thanks !

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

I have ceased using and recommending it. There are many very good (and very free) anti-spyware applications available. Look in the appropriate section here for some that our Members use:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 519 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:33 PM

I use it only once in a while. But have had no problems so far. Maybe I will try that other program SAS that evryone is recommending it. I currently use Spybot to check for any nasties that may get through to my computer. Now it,Ad-Aware 2007, has stopped working. So I do not know what is going on. I think I will change programs Now that I hear that Lavasoft is not supporting it.

#7 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

Just to clarify, what Lavasoft isn't supporting is the previous version of Ad Aware SE. They still support the 2007 version but a lot of folks were using the old version because they don't like the new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users