Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-aware Error Message

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 beachjay68

beachjay68

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:15 PM

I cannot update my ad-aware. Have tried everything the help says. any suggestions ?

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum and added a topic descriptor. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:56 PM

AdAware, at least the free version ceased support as of 12/31/07.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

Hello and welcome beachjay68
Uninstall AdAware thru Control Panel Add/remove Programs. Reboot the PC.

NEXT, install SUPERAntiSpyware,use the Free Home version.
The free version require you to run the update program manually. Do so at least weekly and before running a scan.

Edited by boopme, 26 January 2008 - 07:51 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

What error are you getting?

Are you getting a "SSL download failed" Erro?
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#5 RRBSEE

RRBSEE

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:57 PM

Hi,
I have encountered the same problem and found out that Adaware doesnot allow anymore updates from within the adaware program itself. But if you go to there site you can download the latest def file and then remove the def file in your adaware dir on your pc and unzip the new downloaded dif file into your adaware folder on your pc and restart the adaware program and wala :> you now have the latest def file... I half to do this this way as well :> Cheers........

#6 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:27 PM

You should be able to download from Ad-Aware 2007 itself. I am using the Pro version and updates run fine. What error are you getting?
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#7 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:16 PM

depending on what version of Windows you are using you can try adaware 2007 , as AdawareSE has ceased to exist per ce and adaware 2007 is NOT compatible with all windows versions ; however, many think that Adaware 2007 is NOT a good program to run with many problems exibiting themselves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users