Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Icons On Desktop Even After Smitfraudfix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spacegirl

spacegirl

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:31 PM

Hi,

I have followed your general procedures for removal of malware and trojans etc as well as with the help of your other forum "I think I'm affected..." Anyways......I ran Smitfraud Fix in safemode and when I ran it normally the popup windows message alert has not occurred again. But the 3 foreign desktop icons are still there. When I right click on properties they all point to http://viruswebprotection/shandler.php?id=...sand=0&sg=2. I've also completed a hijackthis scan.

I've attached the rapport.txt and hijack log.

I have removed the pc that is affected by all this from any dial up connection since I was attacked by the malware?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:27 AM

Hello spacegirl and welcome to BleepingComputer!

Apollogies for the delay. The forum has been very busy lately and. If you are still having problems, then please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Please also post the problems you are having.

When posting your log, please make sure you post the HijackThis log as a reply and not as an attachment. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.

Thanks,

Johannes

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users