Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't use my DSL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bcoc88

bcoc88

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:34 PM

I am trying to switch from satellite internet to newly installed DSL.
I cannot get online with the dsl. My DSL company has advised my physical memory might be too low and that I must have spyware taking up memory. I cannot find anything and my log has been called clean.
Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bcoc88

bcoc88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:21 PM

I found this webpage and followed the instructions.
WORKED LIKE A CHARM!
http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:40 PM

I am trying to switch from satellite internet to newly installed DSL.
I cannot get online with the dsl. My DSL company has advised my physical memory might be too low and that I must have spyware taking up memory. I cannot find anything and my log has been called clean.
Any thoughts?

I assume that you have been notified by the DSL company that your account is actually set up. Once that's done, and you've installed the software for the modem, the thing should work unless you have not installed filters on all your phones and made sure you don't have something like a TV cable alongside a phone line and so on. That said, there's also the problem that you may be too far from a node. Has a tech ever come out to your house to check? One of my customers was solicited over the phone and once they got her signed up, they sent her the package, which I helped her install and set up, and when it wouldn't work, they sent out a tech and he determined that she was too far away from a node for the system to work. She had been on dialup and once this problem was discovered, had cable installed instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users