Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help W/ Malware- "your Priacy Is In Danger!"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Achilles7

Achilles7

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

24 hours ago I clicked on this link: http://damn-video.blogspot.com/2008/01/dan...t-mike-and.html
The title of the video was Dana Jacobson Explicitly Drunk Nude Vidoe (That is how video was spelled)

The link is now dead but it was a media player that was asking to download active-x or something like that in order to view it.

I knew that I shouldn't have clicked on it...I'm a dumba**.....

I am running Windows XP Home Version

Immediately after the malware was installed on my computer, the background of my desktop turned red with a biohazard symbol
that has a message under it saying "YOUR PRIVACY IS IN DANGER!" and under that it says "Download Privacy Protection Now"

The address for this message is file:///C/:/WINDOWS/privacy_danger/Index.htm

Three new icons have also appeared with the properties address of : http:/viruswebproduct.com/shandler.php

There is a continuous popup message that says Download AdwareRemover2007 for free.....
the address for this is: http:/scanner .adwareremover2007.com/2/?advid=1216- Windows Internet Explorer

Early on there was a message saying that my computer was infected with Worm.Win32.Netsky...This has not reappeared in 20 hours.

The Windows Task Manager was disabled "by the administrator"

System Restore would not let me go back to another checkpoint nor could I create a new checkpoint date.

This is what I have done to try to repair but to no avail:

I enabled Windows Task Manager.....This has functioned normally since I did this.

I deleted the file for the desktop background and manually deleted it but it comes back everytime the computor is restarted.

In safe mode with networking and system restore disabled, I ran scans with NortonSystem Works, Norton FxNetsky, Ad-Aware 2007
AVG Anti-Spyware, Hitman Pro. I was unable to run Hijack This_V2 in safe mode but ran it in normal mode with system restore disabled
and saved the logfile of the scan....Its in the Misplaced HJT forum

Edited by Achilles7, 26 January 2008 - 12:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Falu

Falu

• Security Colleague
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hi Achilles7, :thumbsup:

If you still need help please post a new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic: Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log , and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users