Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Revert Option (pattern File Rollback) In Trend Micro Pc-cillin....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brianedd

brianedd

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:19 AM

Computer "froze" and shut down while streaming a film through youku. Now sites that usually stream without problem are behaving likewise. Last time my computer "froze" there was no video involved at all.

More info from the PC-cillin message, which appears after manually shutting down and restarting:
Solution ID: 125461

revert to computer's last known good configuration and stabalize the computer's behavior whenever

-there is a program, network, or hardware error
-the real-time service is stopped abnormally
-the computer is shut down improperly

any of the following conditions should also be met before a rollback is performed

-an abnormal shutdown occurs
-there are at least two virus pattern files that have been previously downloaded

As I stated, this is not the first time this has happened, so it seems Trend's action is not sufficient to solution. Any advice on how to clean this out? Crap Cleaner, Ad-aware SE personal, AVG (free), Norton, and (obviously) PC-cillin are not cutting it, if indeed there is a virus or two. Thank you greatly for your time.

-Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:43 AM

Hello,

First, how many A-V products are you running? having more than one will cause problems.
What browser are you using? And do you know the file type you are trying to view?
What are the specs of the system? (processor, RAM etc)
Before the computer shuts itself down, are there any error messages displayed? If not go to control panel then administrative tools and select event viewer, Are there any errors or warnings under the application and system sections?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 brianedd

brianedd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:52 PM

No warning to the shut downs. I really don't know enough about computers to answer most of your questions. I followed the path you suggested and found several Warning and Errors listed in both Application and System under Administration Tools. It's definitely a virus, and it is progressing rapidly.

Let me know if a list of the warnings & errors is needed. Or should I send a HijackThis Log to the other thread. I don't know where to start with that, either, though. Sorry to be so helpless here. Hopefully I can change that with this problem. Thank you again.

-Brian

Edited by brianedd, 26 January 2008 - 12:53 PM.

#4 brianedd

brianedd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

As for A/V products, I use an HDTV for a monitor and use the infrared port to conect to a 5.1 surround receiver. I also have an AIO printer and sometimes an ipod.

#5 brianedd

brianedd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

After the first shut down, there was a blue screen attempting to explain why. It mentioned dumping the physical memory and that it was caused by "at12dvg". I'm recalling from memory, so it may not be exact. I'll be more careful of this in the future (recording info).

Also, the screen has been breifly "sweating" red pixels, like a fade almost, just before shuting down. The power to my computer stays on, but there is nothing there. I get beeps when using keyboard or mouse-click.

Thank you
-Brian

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:15 PM

Here's a link on how to find more information on the Blue Screen errors: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491

Since you recall the ATI2DVG as being cited - I'd suspect that it's your video drivers causing the problem (and that you've got an ATI video card).

To identify your video card, go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Expand the + sign next to Display Adapters and note what card is mentioned there. Then go to http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html and enter the appropriate information to download the latest video drivers.

Then, just in case, go here to download the Catalyst Uninstaller: http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default...questionID=1447

Then uninstall your video card in Device Manager (by right clicking on it) and uninstall the ATI driver software from the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel. Reboot, then double click on the video driver file that you downloaded to install the video drivers.

If this doesn't solve the problem, then uninstall your video card in Device Manager (by right clicking on it) and uninstall the ATI driver software from the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel. Next, run the Catalyst Uninstaller by double clicking on it. Reboot, then double click on the video driver file that you downloaded to install the video drivers.

If that doesn't fix the problem - then it isn't your video drivers that are causing the problem. So further examination of the BSOD messages will be needed (from the first link at the top of this post)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users