Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Keeps Crashing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:38 AM

My IE 7 crashes unexpectedly and repeatedly within 5 mins everytime i use it. I use Firefox all the time, but many websites and software links to IE such as msn messenger, so I still want it to be fixed. BTW, i have done a reinstallation and it didn't work, and I tried IE7pro, it helped recoveriing, but not preventing which is useless.

any thoughts?

Also, I have all windows updates and I doubt that I have any viruses or spywares, because I use Nod32, Spyware doctor, and Superantispyware.

Edited by unloaded, 26 January 2008 - 12:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:55 AM

Hello,
This could be a few problems, Does this happen on the same site or on different ones?
Check the event viewer and look under the system, application and internet explorer sections for any errors or warnings.
Let us know what you find.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:01 AM

I use Firefox all the time, but many websites and software links to IE such as msn messenger, so I still want it to be fixed.

I find how alot of MSN links open in IE an utter bloody pain.
:thumbsup: By the way. Im in the same wituation with IE7 as you are

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:40 AM

FWIW: I don't think IE 7 is the culprit here (I have it installed on two systems from Day One and have seen no problems).

Event Viewer should provide some useful info on what is happening and why.

If you still think IE 7 is the problem, then simply remove or repair it. System files could be corrupted, I suppose.

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

Louis

#5 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

i found the solution !! it's caused by my epson printer "web to page" toolbar that I installed with. Turn the toolbar off and the problem goes away (for me).

thx 4 da help.

i tried da lastest driver version 6.1a, which did not fix the problem. need to contact epson.

Edited by unloaded, 26 January 2008 - 06:04 PM.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

Thats an interesting solution, glad it worked.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users