Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Schematic?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GlennCoco

GlennCoco

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hello,

I've seen instructions online about how to add Bluetooth internally to Acer laptops, which almost all seem to have either a Bluetooth switch or button... except no Bluetooth module. However, I haven't been able to find info on the model I just bought (Acer Aspire 5520). It has a Bluetooth button, but it says there is no device when you press the button.

So what I am wondering is, is there a way to find schematic diagrams for my motherboard to find the location of the Bluetooth pins, if in fact I do have one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

Acer's site says your model has bluetooth
"he Acer Video Conference solution integrates one-click, real-time video and voice over the Internet to give you mobile and flexible communication capability. This solution includes:

• The Acer Crystal Eye webcam supporting enhanced Acer PrimaLite™ technology for superior low-light performance.
• The Acer Xpress VoIP phone3, which provides powerful audio capability with support for IM services and features beam forming, echo cancellation, and noise suppression technologies.
The Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g1 Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® solution supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology provides far-reaching, stable networking.
Gigabit Ethernet allows for faster, more efficient and more secure network connections while downloading or uploading large media files.
Bluetooth® efficiently connects to a variety of mobile devices with ultra-fast data transfer rates."

I highly doubt they would have it disabled. Go to the Device Manager and expand all of the +'s. Look for any yellow exclamation points or red X's. You may need to enable the device or reinstall the driver
Mark

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 GlennCoco

GlennCoco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

According to this link, it does not have Bluetooth: Acer 5520

There is a button for it. There are no question marks or anything in Device Manager. Apparently none of the US versions of Acer notebooks have Bluetooth. Except the motherboards all have spots for a module. I've seen instructions on how to add it in other models, but can't find it for this.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

As I understand it, it's cheaper to just build one motherboard and only add the components that you need (rather than to build in all the components and then disable them). So the traces for the bluetooth probably do exist - but it's gonna take someone familiar with this to figure out how to hook it up (if it is possible).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users