Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msn Denying To Work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 angiee

angiee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:57 PM

Hi,
First of all, I operate on Windows XP Home, and I'm trying to log into the latest MSN Messenger version. It will work for everybody elses log on, except mine. This isn't a matter of paitence, as I've been trying for the past week to let it log on.. For a matter of hours waiting for it to sign on. I know I have the right password, as I've changed it twice and can succesfully log on to Windows Messenger. I've done the troubleshooter, various times and the error codes have changed quite a few times. I'm on wireless internet, and the green check never comes up to the Wireless part of the troubleshooter. However, nothing else does either (no error sign or anything). My firewall is not stopping me from using MSN. Sometimes the Key Ports error comes up, but once I've repaired it, it doesn't come up again. I'm really sick of having to use the old MSN, so any help would be appreichiated.

Thanks,
angie.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

Have you tried uninstalling the application and reinstalling it? It's very possible with everything you have tried that install is now corrupt.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users