Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Home

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wishiwereapcgeek:)

wishiwereapcgeek:)

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

I hav a problem with trying to repair my xp home,from the blue screen of death,i have placed the xp home cd in my D drive,when i get to the install,repair, or to quit,my keyboad oes not seem to respond to me hitting the letter R,so now it is just hanging with no place to go,could someone please help the error code is c000021a 0x0000034 please help losing hair and weight while trying to work it out..:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

Hi,
Strange your keyboard works before the disk boot, I guess because you would have to push a key to boot from disk...
Have you tried the other ways of booting? Last known good config, Safe mode?
At what point do you get the BSOD on a normal boot?
Is this it?:
STOP:C000021A {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization System Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0X0000034. (0x00000 0x00000)
Also when you use your disk to boot are you entering the recovery console or repairing the windows installation (pressing r on the first page or the second).

Edited by Tomo2, 25 January 2008 - 04:09 PM.

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

If your keyboard is a USB device, you may check the following:

Reboot your computer, and boot into bios.

Root around for something called USB Legacy Support (or something similar), if it's disabled, enable it.
Save the change and exit bios.
Let us know if this solves the issue for you.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

Have you tried to reboot in safe mode and use the "Last Known Good Configuration"?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

This error is typically caused (during setup) by a problem with your hardware. Most likely there isn't a compatible device driver available for one of your hardware devices. Windows tries to use the best match that it can find - and if it's wrong, your system locks up.

If you're not using a PS2 type keyboard and mouse, I'd suggest using one (or an adapter to convert USB to PS2) until this problem is solved.
Remove any non-essential hardware (especially anything new that you've added) and then try it again.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users