Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Otmoveit2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stephent28

Stephent28

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

Hello, new to the forum but I just want to say what a wealth of information that I have already discovered!

My problem is that everytime I try to download OTMoveIt2, the version that I get is 1.0.14 instead of the version 1.0.5 I see in the examples.

Also, I have downloaded the software on 3 different computers and on each one, the left side of the screen on shows the two boxes and will not let me get to the buttons to perform the operations. Was this a bug in 1.0.14?

How can I get the current version of the software?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:22 AM

Get OTMoveIt2 here:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/oldtimer/OTMoveIt2.exe

Edited by JDM2, 25 January 2008 - 02:23 AM.

#3 Stephent28

Stephent28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:55 AM

Thanks but that is the file I have been getting and it is version 1.0.14

I need to find the location for the 1.0.5 file version.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:56 AM

Caution: OTMoveIt2 is a powerful program, designed to move highly persistent files and folders during the process of investigating and removing malware infections. It is intended to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly and without proper supervision could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Stephent28

Stephent28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:27 AM

Thanks quiteman7 and I appreciate the caution....but if I am going to screw things up wouldn't it be better to be using the current version?

Besides, I am computer literate and if I really foul things up, I will just reformat and start from scratch.....it is how I sometimes learn important lessons!

I still don't understand why the system sends me the earlier version?

#6 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:24 AM

You are pretty obsessed about having the latest version. :thumbsup: I think the one I linked to above IS the current version of OTMI2.

#7 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

@Stephent28: The latest version of OTMI2 is 1.0.14. Version 1.0.5 was quite some time ago and is no longer available as updates have been made. Remember, 14 follows 5.

Cheers.

OT

Edited by OldTimer, 25 January 2008 - 12:13 PM.

I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users