Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Get Booted

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 atrus

atrus

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

Hey guys,

I read that someone else had a similar problem but it was slightly different. After a couple of hours I believe my router boots me off of my home network and I can't get on the internet from either one of my computers. My laptop I use a wireless connection and my desktop is plugged right into the router. I'm assuming that it's my router because when I bypass the router I have no problems. I'm thinking it's just a simple setting that I'm overlooking but as of now I can't figure it out. And I'm using XP professional

thanks,
Atrus

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 25 January 2008 - 01:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:08 PM

IMO...the router is just a pass-through device facilitating reception. If there is a problem with the signal being passed through the router, then it's either a modem or signal problem (ISP).

Have you checked Event Viewer for possible clues?

You say that the signal via the modem (without the router) is no problem. Have you tested both ways for equal amounts of time to substantiate that?

Louis

#3 atrus

atrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:52 PM

yeah,

I've had my computer hooked directly to the modem for the whole day and there is no problems. Only when it's through the router I get booted of the internet after two hours. The wireless signal is fine at all times.

Atrus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users