Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just A Safety Check To See If This Is The Right Hardware

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

Hi, I'm not completely new to this whole upgrading thing, and well I need to upgrade the ram on my laptop. I'm pretty sure i've found the right stick, but i just want to check if this is really correct. This may not be the stick i'm getting but i narrowed down my search results so that they all came up to be the same, here it is.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145068

Thank you all alot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

It might be the right one for somebody's laptop, but without knowing your make and model, it's kind of hard to say
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

Oh F me, sorry bout that, ya so my computer is a Gateway MX7515. This would be gateways page for said laptop: http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gatewa...20/5382nv.shtml

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:38 AM

You can add a gig of memory. I used http://www.crucial.com/ to find the correct one
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

Ya i was intending on adding a gig, not 512, I don't get it though, why does the one you showed say pc3200, i don't think my laptop is compatible with that.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:23 PM

Crucial guarantees their memory If it doesn't work, you send it back. That said, yes it will work. Kingston recommends this DDR 2700 for 20 dollars more, plus shipping. Your call
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#7 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:33 PM

Crucial guarantees their memory If it doesn't work, you send it back. That said, yes it will work. Kingston recommends this DDR 2700 for 20 dollars more, plus shipping. Your call
Mark

Oh alright, thank you then, ya crucial sounds good.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

Let us know how it works out
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users