Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Security Center Warning message

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ch3St3R

Ch3St3R

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:52 PM

i realize now that im posting this 2wice. the first post was on a reply to another post i found via google trying to fix my problem. anyway this is it and i am desperate to fix this.

Ive got win2k and this windows security center warning msg keeps popping up. every site ive seen on it only talks about win xp having it. well after i recently ran some microsoft updates im getting this error.. i even went and fixed the spyware issues it seems to be talking about. now i just want this to stop popping up. thing is its not in my services and i cant seem to find anywhere that talks about. the process that turns ont he msg is csrss.exe witch i know is a windows process needed to be on. so how can i make this stupid error stop popping up. i just want to turn this "windows security center" off any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 12:21 AM

Please post the exact error message.

#3 SnowWhite

SnowWhite

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:31 PM

I get the same message. what bothers me about it is i cannot close it b/c the close button is disabled. i cant right click on it and close it and i cant close it by going to task manager. my question is .. is this from windows or is this spyware?

Here is the message.....

WINDOWS SECURITY CENTER

Warning: Windows Firewall detected suspicious network activity on your computer. Malicious software codes try to seal your privacy information, such as credit card numbers, electronic mail accounts, financial data or passwords.

Do you want to learn how to protect your computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users