Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Showing Off My First Gaming Website. Hm...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Superweb Designer

Superweb Designer

• Banned
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:18 PM

Template: Using CSS and a little bit of photoshop to make it.
I'd like feedback on: The games in my website, The design of it, what can I add to improve my website?

Additional Comments: Basically this is the first website that I made, It took me like 3 month and 10 hours a day to do it. Hope it is good enough.... See ya :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 flashback30

flashback30

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:33 PM

Hi Superweb Designer your website looks good, I checked it out the other day. Has a lot of games on it and some one could pass a lot of time away on it. but for some reason today it will not load for me but its probably on my end. :thumbsup:

#3 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:05 AM

Hi Superweb Designer,

The site didn't load for flashback30 because you had the wrong code in your link:
http://http//www.npcFreeGame.com

It should be:
http://www.npcFreeGame.com
The site looks like a lot of fun, with bright and appealing graphics. I'm not familiar with the games (not much of a gamer beyond FreeCell - LOL), but it looks as though you've got something for everyone!

How do you plan to use that broad orange area that covers the top third of my screen? Maybe you could use it to highlight a gamer of the week, or something like that? Also, I think you should have the register | login area up near the top. It's important to make it easy for your users to navigate the site. I don't think the ramp (which is very clever) would look out of place there, if you're concerned about that.

I assume that people have to register/log in to use the site? If so, maybe you could use that top bar for two or three games that visitors could play without having to register. And if they don't need to log in, what would be the point of registering?

A quick look at your forum shows it to seem well organized, but the colors bother me there. It looks as though it'll be autumn forever - kind of dreary compared to the front page. And again, you've got that massive banner running across the top third of my page.

All in all, I'm very impressed with how you've handled such a large project, especially since it's your first time around with something like this. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dialer, 24 January 2008 - 12:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users