Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Encountered Bsod Immediately After Login And On Safemode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Devvv

Devvv

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

I encountered the BSOD on Monday while I was browsing on the internet and have been scrambling to find a solution for it. I'm typing this on another computer by the way.

The computer affected is actually my older notebook. It's a Toshiba Satellite and it's about 3 and half years old now. It's old but it still runs pretty smoothly until a couple days ago.

I was randomly browsing on the internet and suddenly the BSOD appeared so I manually restarted it and didn't bother to copy down the technical error message because I didn't think I was going to see it again.

After the Windows load screen finished and I logined with my password, Windows would load all the icons on the taskbar and desktop and then the BSOD appears again!

I copied the error screen this time. Here's what it reads...

0x0000008E 0xC0000005 0x8054B585, 0xB32E1BF4, 0x000000000

I google this and it lead to a couple discussions on a couple other forums so I tried rebooting into Safemode but I get the BSOD before I can even reach the login screen. Only Safemode with Command Prompt worked and I was able to successful perform a CHKDSK but that didn't fix it.

I also have not installed or uninstalled any new programs or drivers so this is a bit out of left field for me.

p.s: I have my recovery disks that came with the Laptop but don't have the Windows XP CD. It wasn't included with the Laptop.

Please help me. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

For that particular error message, it appears to be memory related.

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...06174418AAcwboa

I would remove the sodimms, blow out that area of the laptop, put one of the sodimms back in...and try to boot.

If successful, turn the system off...put the other in while removing the first...and see what happens.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 January 2008 - 06:23 PM.

#3 Devvv

Devvv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:48 PM

Yes! It was a faulty RAM that's to blame.

I unscrewed the bottom of my laptop and pulled one of the RAM sticks out and tried booting it up again and Voila!

Thank you for your help!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:36 AM

Feedback appreciated, happy computing :thumbsup:!

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users