Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluescreen Problem Once Again

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Soto

Soto

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:07 PM

Ok Im having a blue screen problem again, I replaced the ram a while ago and now its starting to act up... so now its either the ram again or something else any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

I know it's hard to believe...but most of us do not have photographic memories.

Do you care to provide a synopsis of your situation...even better would be a link to the thread you think we all remember :thumbsup:.

Louis

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

Was this the thread?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111409/blue-screen-dont-know-what-the-problem-is/

Is it the same or is it a different error message?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

sorry i did not elaborate, yes that is the old thread but the computer restarts to quick when the blue screen comes up and i can not catch the message.

its happened when i have alt entered out of a thing i was watching in windows media player, it has happened when i have alt tabbed out of a game, it has happened when i have tryed watching a video of a website from quicktime.

it has never happened while i was in the middle of a game, or in the middle of watching anything, it mostly happened after i click on something or something, i don't know how to explain it its random and at one point when i would restart the blue screen would pop up for one second before the computer would shut down, i just ignored though.

i have ordered a new mother board it should be in tomorrow, im going to see if thats the problem, and if not then im going to try replacing the ram once again.

cause i have heard there has been some problems with the gigabyte 965p-ds3 and corsair xms2 ram, so thats why i went ahead and ordered a new mobo. even if its not the mobo i been wanting to upgrade in mobos so here is my chance hopefully it fixes the problem, cause this blue screen has been on my back for the longest.

Edited by Soto, 24 January 2008 - 10:26 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:37 AM

After the system POST's and just before Windows starts to load, start pressing the F8 key. That'll get you to the Safe Mode menu - and towards the bottom of that menu is a selection to "Disable automatic restart..." (or something similar) - select that and press Enter. The next time that it Blue Screens on you it'll stop on that page so that you can copy down the info.

Here's a link about finding BSOD info: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

I just reformatted a clean swipe so im going to see what happeneds now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users