Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Reboots Machine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Glenn C

Glenn C

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

Hello...

I have just reinstalled XP on a HP EVO for a client. After installing all the appropriate drivers etc, I plugged in a USB flash drive and the machine rebooted, OK strange but not un-heard of. After the reboot (key still in the machine) the system recognizes the key in the BIOS and all is ok until you hit just past the loading XP screen ... again, just a hard reboot. Removed USB key, reboot, uninstalled all USB drivers and reboot. XP PRO loads fine. Check device mgr, all OK. Put different USB key in ... Hard reboot!. Tried mices and keyboards and USB devices. They all reboot from with in XP but load fine to start. Contacted HP... they don't know or care. I can boot from USB if needed so I know hardware wise it should be ok. Have tried a few more generic compatible USB drivers and nope... reboot on device insertion. (thHello...

Anyone else ever had this issue?

(machine works great if I keep it all PS2 and NON USB)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Glenn C

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users