Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smitfraud/core.cache.dsk Infection.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suzeeh66

suzeeh66

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:05 PM

HELLO I AM TRYING TO GET RID OF THE SMITFRAUD MALLWARE VIRUS. I HAVE TRIED SO MANY THINGS AND YET TO REMOVE IT. ITS STUBBORN. I PROBABLY HAVE USED EVERYTHING OUT THERE TO GET RID OF IT AND STILL IT WONT BUDGE. ANY HELP WOULD REALLY BE APPRECITATED. I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO REFORMAT ANYTIME SOON. AT LEAST NOT TIL MY SON CAN FIND TIME TO DO IT. IF ANYONE CAN HELP AND HAS HAD GREAT SUCCESS IN REMOVING IT LET ME KNOW. I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP, UNDER CABLE MODEM.

SO FAR I HAVE TRIED, BITFENDER, SPYBOT, AVG7.5, AVG VIRUS AND WORM CLEANER, CWSHRDDER, CCLEANER, ZONEALARM, ASHAMPOO, REGISTERY EASY, SPYHUNTER, SUPERANTISPYWARE, AVAST, XCLEAN-MICRO, AND A FEW MORE THAT I CANT THINK OF THAT WERE A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND DOWNLOAD. I HAVE GONE THREW SAFE MODE AND GOTTEN RID OF IT OR I THOUGHT I DID, AND WHEN I COME BACK ITS THERE AGAIN. YES EVEN HIJACKTHIS GETTING RID OF THE CORECACHE STUFF NEVER DELETED IT FULLY. THAN AFTER I DO SAFE MODE AND COME BACK TO NORMAL STARTUP I GET A SALL WINDOW, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\COMMAND.COM THAT I CANT GET RID OF NOW.
ANY ADVICE???

THANKS

Edited by boopme, 23 January 2008 - 03:36 PM.
More appropriate forum..boopme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hello suzeeh66 you will need specialized tools and guidance to remove this malware. Please follow these instructions to post a log and have one of BC's experts walk you through it's removal. Click on link below.

Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Then post the log HERE by clicking New Topic .

Welcome to Bleeping Computer
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users