Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Extremely Slow

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

I was working on my computer on another topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126975/was-refered-here-from-hijack-forum/ and now when I am in my outlook and i try to compose a new email or reply to an existing one as soon as I hit new or reply it shuts down my outlook all together. It immediately dissapears. Sometimes the hourglass will stay up forever and then a box pops up and asks me if I want to send an error report and i say no and it shuts down again. This is really bad being that I am a mortgage banker and rates just dropped. I am at a stand still and out of work until I get this fixed. Someone please help if you can! It may help if you look at the link I provided. Thank you in advance for your help. I will be sitting here hoping for a reply since I cant work. ** UPDATE ** Now its working again but sometimes it takes forever to open an email. Can someone help me fix this outlook? I have been having some problems.,

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum and Added Topic Description.~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 24 January 2008 - 12:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

Did you try my suggestion in your other thread?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry718823
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:43 PM

Did you try my suggestion in your other thread?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry718823
Mark

Well it somehow fixed itself before i read your post. But I am going to do this anyway because something still isnt right. Sometimes when I click new message the hourglass is there forever. The whole computer is slow for some reason and its a fairly new computer. Im gonna try to get it faster somehow.

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

if your whole computer is running slow, when did you last run the disc deframenter on it? (may be called disklite)

#5 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

if your whole computer is running slow, when did you last run the disc deframenter on it? (may be called disklite)

actually good idea i havent done that in some time. thank you.

#6 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

did it work and has it made any measureable improvement?

#7 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

Actually I really think it did in fact work. I believe you did it Ruby. I never thought of that because I thought I had it set up to do an auto defrag but I guess I was wrong. Thanks a bunch. !

#8 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:37 AM

Actually I really think it did in fact work. I believe you did it Ruby. I never thought of that because I thought I had it set up to do an auto defrag but I guess I was wrong. Thanks a bunch. !

glad my idea helped; running a regular defrag is one of the basic proceedures for keeping a computer purring smoothly; it helps to get the inards back in line expecially when you have been doing all kinds of changes ; maybe you ought to run it more frequently? maybe once a week ?

also, best run in safe mode, or failing that OFF line and when nowt else is happening ; like any other scan, just let the computer get on with its work while you get a cuppa :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users