Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Install A Laptop Printer To A Pc

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Delaine

Delaine

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:47 PM

I have a hpdeskjet 3910 on my pc at home. I also have a laptop and I would love to be able to print from it as well. The laptop is wireless.

Thanks for any help.

Delaine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:19 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/
Is your laptop networked to the desktop?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Delaine

Delaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

Well what took that guy a minute took me about five hours. I wish I had seen this before I tried. I ended up downloading a Pure Network Magic program and then it took me for ever to figure it out. The guy on your link made it sound so simple. If you don't see any problem with the way I did it, I think I will just leave it.

Thanks

Delaine

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:22 PM

The important thing is- does it work?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 Delaine

Delaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:28 AM

So far it does, I'm hoping when this trial offer is over I don't lose the printer as well. If it does I'll go back and try the thing you suggested it looks pretty simple. We'll wait and see, I guess.

Thanks

Delaine

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:14 AM

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
Lots of how-to's and tutorials
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#7 Delaine

Delaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

Well, I disabled the Network Magic because it really slowed my computer down to a crawl. The easy hookup for it through windows isn't quite to easy to me. I never succeeded with it. Anyway, I've lived without it before and I guess I will again.

Delaine

#8 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:45 PM

I had the same problem, now working perfectly thanks to Tomo2 from here. This is for a Vista laptop networked to a XP desktop.

First on laptop go to Control panel/user accounts and turn user account control OFF.
Go here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126483/adding-a-network-printer/
And follow Tomo2's instructions.

Good luck.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users